Carbide Create is a CAD/CAM program by Carbide 3D for Windows and Mac OS X. Originally licensed for use only with the ShapeOko 3 and Nomad 883, it is now available for anyone to use.
Supports tool changes with Carbide Motion Machine Control Software on a Nomad or a Shapeoko with a BitSetter installed and active.
- Announcement: http://carbide3d.com/blog/2015/sept-2015-update/ (includes video)
- Download (signup): http://carbide3d.com/carbidecreate
- Official Documentation
- webpage: http://docs.carbide3d.com/assembly/carbidecreate/userguide/
- Carbide 3D Video tutorials (also listed below)
- Carbide3D_create_motion_keyboard_shortcuts.pdf --- http://community.carbide3d.com/t/cheat-sheet-for-carbide-create-and-motion/7839
- This page
- Carbide Create Basics
- Discussion thread: http://www.shapeoko.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6896
- 1 Projects
- 2 Pro Features
- 3 Video tutorials
- 4 Other tutorials
- 4.1 Basic Tutorials
- 4.2 Boolean Operations
- 4.3 Bézier Curve
- 4.4 Using Rotation
- 4.5 Inlays
- 4.6 Joinery
- 4.7 Textures
- 4.8 Working with Text
- 4.9 V-Carving
- 4.10 3D Modeling in Pro Mode
- 4.11 Other
- 4.12 Importing files
- 4.13 Fixing problem files
- 4.14 Send to Carbide Motion
- 4.15 Sample files
- 5 Keyboard shortcuts/commands
- 6 Features
- 7 Resources
- 8 Limitations
- 9 Version-specific notes
- 10 System Requirements
- 11 Troubleshooting
In CC406 Carbide Create adds the option of 3D features in a new "Pro" license. Currently available as an open beta for testing at: https://carbide3d.com/carbidecreate/ (see: https://carbide3d.com/blog/2019/carbide-create-400/ for the initial announcement and consider checking out a beta if available)
To activate the features see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dMVzLTbego
See: https://community.carbide3d.com/t/carbide-create-pro-first-look/14977 for some more details.
A video tutorial at: https://community.carbide3d.com/t/starting-with-2-5-d-carving/15168 and see https://community.carbide3d.com/t/vcarve-pro-wide-flutes/18942 for a decorative 3D design.
Pricing discussion for the "Pro" license (the base functionality will remain free): https://community.carbide3d.com/t/carbide-create-pro-what-do-you-want-to-see/14904/73
Carbide Create Pro runs in 3 different modes:
- Free --- this is the default and lacks 3D modeling but can generate 2.5D G-Code http://carbide3d.com/blog/2017/big-carbide-create-update-its-now-free/
- Trial --- this is enabled by Help | Enable Pro Trial and can be disabled by Help | Disable Pro Trial. It enables 3D modeling and previewing 3D and engraving toolpaths, but disallows saving toolpaths.
- Pro --- this requires a license from launch.carbide3d.com (note that this uses a different account than other Carbide 3D sites) --- you can paste in the license via Help | Register. https://youtu.be/TAco42vjYlE Note that the offer at: https://community.carbide3d.com/t/carbide-create-pro-free-for-a-year/20918 has expired. In addition to enabling 3D modeling, it adds 3D and engraving toolpaths.
https://launch.carbide3d.com --- creating an account will allow a free trial. "This trial is fully functional ... so you can generate G-Code and try a full project."
- Job Setup
- Basic Shapes
- Boolean Operations
- Manipulating Objects
- Offsetting Features
- Background Images
- Custom Tools
- Saving and Simulation
Unofficial video tutorials    YouTube
- The prototypical make a coaster project: http://community.carbide3d.com/t/lets-make-a-coaster/4203 --- obsolete with CC's new corner options, but a useful tutorial on Boolean operations or doing this to imported or drawn objects
- Inkscape SVG CAD -- Carbide Create CAM
- Fidget Spinner Beginning
- Carbide Create Photo Tracing --- using a background image to trace objects or for a logo: https://community.carbide3d.com/t/carbide-create-re-drawing/15811/ or https://community.carbide3d.com/t/carbide-create-drawing-tracing-tutorial/20209 or for Makita RT0701/0700 collet wrenches see: https://community.carbide3d.com/t/importing-a-file-or-a-backgound-image/27166 Notes on photographing at: https://community.carbide3d.com/t/replicating-2d-object/32528/12
- Child Name or Letter Board
- Filler strips: https://community.carbide3d.com/t/making-cut-files-from-simple-engineering-drawings/20670
- https://community.carbide3d.com/t/parametric-design-for-stand/24693 --- an engineering example for flat pack plywood construction with slots
- script fonts and monograms: https://community.carbide3d.com/t/help-cutting-monograms-nodes-problems/9166
- Puzzle pieces: https://community.carbide3d.com/t/jigsaw-puzzle-pieces/30900/16
- getting only part of an outline
- outlined shape: https://community.carbide3d.com/t/joining-offset-shapes/9236
- shape to be cut out of stock: https://community.carbide3d.com/t/deleting-line-help/32956
- http://community.carbide3d.com/t/lets-draw-an-ellipse-with-new-users/4194 --- very basic tutorial on drawing with the curve tool --- also see: https://community.carbide3d.com/t/lets-make-a-b-for-anyone/14223
- Logo re-creation: http://community.carbide3d.com/t/carbide-create-help/3238/4
- https://community.carbide3d.com/t/carbide-create-re-drawing/15811 --- re-drawing with the curve tool
- Inlay (beginning) http://community.carbide3d.com/t/inlay-work-woodworking/4076/2 --- balance is at: http://community.carbide3d.com/t/inlay-work-woodworking/4076/25 --- note that inlay may be easier in an external drawing program. A specific feature to support this has been suggested and would be welcome.
- http://community.carbide3d.com/t/inlays-using-carbide-create-and-other-software/7841 --- doing V inlays.
- https://community.carbide3d.com/t/using-advanced-vcarve-in-carbide-create-461-to-make-inlays/20828 (linked to from the above)
- CNC Finger Joint Box (unfinished) --- http://community.carbide3d.com/t/cnc-finger-joint-box/8880
- Carbide Create: A Simple CNC Box: YouTube
Working with Text
Excellent image noting width considerations: http://community.carbide3d.com/t/carve-letters-depth/4548/5
Carbide Create V-carving, simple text for a house sign: http://community.carbide3d.com/t/help-please-with-design-carving-protocol-setup-in-carbide-create-motion/4491/6
Multi-layer V carves: http://community.carbide3d.com/t/could-use-some-guidance-on-creating-a-carve/7101 --- note that the work-around depicted here is no longer necessary in CC457 or later and instructions for the new version are shown at the end of the thread. See: https://community.carbide3d.com/t/making-a-stacked-text-sign-using-the-new-layer-feature-in-carbide-create-version-521/32968
Military symbols and flags are covered at: https://community.carbide3d.com/t/creating-designs-from-elements/8787 and https://community.carbide3d.com/t/how-do-i-create-this/14992
Sometimes, a V Carve toolpath won't work properly due to path direction issues. http://community.carbide3d.com/t/fixing-path-winding-in-carbide-create/6663
3D Modeling in Pro Mode
Making multiples of a design: https://community.carbide3d.com/t/making-multiples-of-a-design-in-a-single-file/27102
Removing part of an outlined shape: http://community.carbide3d.com/t/joining-offset-shapes/9236/2
Simulating converting a closed path to open: https://community.carbide3d.com/t/deleting-line-help/32956
Creating a Child Name or Letter Board.
Combining elements (shown are U.S. flags and military emblems): https://community.carbide3d.com/t/creating-designs-from-elements/8787
Decorative geometric modeling with Pro: https://community.carbide3d.com/t/vcarve-pro-wide-flutes/18942
Setting up and using a Diamond Drag engraver: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-SYjPlecMs
Drawing interlocking shapes (hearts): https://community.carbide3d.com/t/cant-wrap-my-mind-around-3d-modeling/15409
Chamfering (with sharp corners): https://community.carbide3d.com/t/vee-bit-cutting-accuracy-issues/25907/15
- https://youtu.be/LQIW0Ue9LnM --- basic box making from choosing wood, to setting up the files and carving.
- https://youtu.be/sOqT5AVoezU --- finding design files and how to get designs consistently centered on top of the box
- https://youtu.be/BFEB-jex7KM --- more complex dice/jewelry box
Carbide Create will import DXF and SVG files.
Pixel images such as JPEGs may be placed on a background layer for re-drawing, auto-traced (in CC520 or later) or if one uses the Pro version, they may be imported as Textures and cut as if they are depth/height maps.
For converting pixel images into vectors one may either redraw as noted above, or autotrace them. Pretty much any Bézier curve editor/vector drawing program may be used. Adobe Illustrator and Inkscape are especially popular, or this may be done in a pixel editor with vector support such as Photoshop and the vectors exported and if need be converted.
Fixing problem files
- closing paths: https://community.carbide3d.com/t/need-advice-on-bit-type/10000
- Adobe Illustrator import --- note that files must be exported using File | Save for Web not directly saved to come in at the correct size.
- drawings with narrow lines
- logo file too large for V carve: https://community.carbide3d.com/t/xxl-is-on-the-way-should-i-return-it/12697
- symmetrical files have incorrect geometry: https://community.carbide3d.com/t/import-into-cc-what-do-you-get/12780/2
- musical score (Amazing Grace): https://community.carbide3d.com/t/finding-and-cleaning-up-files-online/16325
- overlapping geometry (kingfisher): https://community.carbide3d.com/t/vbit-treated-like-end-mill/16489
- Outlines and figure-ground reversal: https://community.carbide3d.com/t/simple-picture-outline/35160
Send to Carbide Motion
- http://community.carbide3d.com/t/wasteboard-plans-with-threads/3544/19 --- includes Carbide Create files: S3 BED LEVEL.c2d, S3 GRID 1 inch.c2d, 4 Clamps.c2d
- XL: http://community.carbide3d.com/t/notes-on-rapid-positions-and-wasteboard-leveling/8131 SO3_XL_810x366_5.c2d
- http://community.carbide3d.com/t/calibration-files/7862 --- diamond-circle-square.c2d
- iPad stand: https://carbide3d.com/blog/2017/make-what-you-need/
- gear: https://community.carbide3d.com/t/question-from-beginner-about-edit-toolpath-in-carbide-create/3837/4
- U.S. Navy
- Floral jewelry design: https://community.carbide3d.com/t/show-simulation-problems/6225
- Sectioning large files: https://community.carbide3d.com/t/any-better-minds-than-mine/7602
- Decorative 3D letters with inset V carving: https://community.carbide3d.com/t/shapeoko3-newbie-need-first-time-help-with-3d-letters/8042
- creating textures using V carving and ball-nosed endmills: https://community.carbide3d.com/t/drawing-textures/8785
- create the things you wish existed https://community.carbide3d.com/t/how-to-v-carve-this/9196/3
- simple miter box made with V carving: https://community.carbide3d.com/t/design-into-3d-miter-box/13813/5
- Creating a sign (I love you to the moon and back): https://community.carbide3d.com/t/creating-a-sign/15745
- child's rocking chair: https://community.carbide3d.com/t/engineering-drawings-in-carbide-create-redux/17308
- Reindeer: https://community.carbide3d.com/t/basic-dxf-import-question-what-am-i-missing-here/17926
- gator: https://community.carbide3d.com/t/logos-and-graphics/18043/2
- nested hearts jewelry pendant/necklace: https://community.carbide3d.com/t/drawing-from-a-photo-in-carbide-create/19206
- North Carolina police badge: https://community.carbide3d.com/t/vector-conversion-service/19114
- https://community.carbide3d.com/t/converting-line-art-for-drawing/9493 --- cleaning up clipart
- Ctrl c --- Duplicate.
- Mac FUNCTION + DELETE --- deletes current selection
- Esc --- deselects and returns to default design pane
- right-click-hold when not over an object will allow panning
Note that early versions CONTROL clicking with the mouse adds or removes clicked on geometry from the current selection as opposed to Shift-click which is the typical interface convention and used in current and future versions.
Node editing commands
In addition to being able to drag nodes around, when a path is selected and "Node Edit Mode" is engaged, one may right click on the path to insert a node, or right-click on a node to delete it.
Note that drop down menus and fields may be active when they have focus, allowing values to be changed using the scroll wheel --- this is esp. useful for the font selection drop down.
Carbide Create does not have normal scroll bars, and it lacks the traditional hand for panning tool for the work area (usually activated by holding down the space bar). Instead one can zoom in or out on the current cursor position by using the scroll wheel on mice so equipped, or pan by right-click-dragging. Pinch zoom commands will work on touch pads (but not screens).
For the interface / tool panes, there may be invisible scroll bars and hidden content if the window is shorter than the space needed to show the interface elements for the current pane. It should be possible to scroll, and there may be scroll bars to the write which will become visible while one is interacting with them. Be careful when using a scroll mouse in this area, if a control or drop down window gets focus the associated settings may be changed.
In CC316 and earlier, V-bits use taper angle, not angle, so a 90 degree V-bit would be entered as 45 degrees. since the CC400 series, this has been changed to nominal.
See the basic information at: https://docs.carbide3d.com/support/#tooling-support
For Carbide Create 316 and similar versions:
If you select a tool before clicking on "Add Tool" the selected tool will be used as a template for the new one.
- Edit Library
- Add Tool
- double-click on the new tool to go into edit mode
- edit as needed
- close window
The old (316) method isn't compatible with the new (400 and later) method, and unfortunately custom tools from 316 are not directly imported into newer versions.
In the newer version in order to enter a custom tool it is necessary to create a new user library --- tools may then be added to that by using the graphical interface.
Note that since the move to curated values in 434, certain entries which were required are now hidden in the data since they are not needed.
An Easter Egg:
For advanced users it is an option to manually edit the underlying .csv file. Go to Help | About | Open Data Directory, then open the Carbide Create directory and find a Carbide Create\tools directory --- custom tools are stored in that in .csv files and may be backed up or saved or transferred to another computer, or edited using a text editor or spreadsheet (if one saves as CSV format). See https://community.carbide3d.com/t/amana-tool-library/18180 and https://community.carbide3d.com/t/about-adding-spektra-mills-to-tool-database/23375/4
Possible to disable paths when exporting G-code.
The settings here will influence the automatic toolpath settings and will determine much of the behaviour of the application and the machine.
|Stock Size --- the physical dimensions which will be used for the working area and when creating a preview of the Toolpaths. If geometry extends beyond this it will still be shown in the drawing area, and will still be included when cutting. Limited to sizes appropriate to the machine selection (see below)|
|Stock Thickness --- the physical dimension which will be used when creating a preview of the Toolpaths. There is also an option to automatically use it when setting up a Toolpath, having it cut to the "Stock Bottom" via a checkbox.|
|Toolpath Zero --- this will determine where the machine will begin a cut from, and is the point where it should have the zero set to before beginning a job|
|Material the material selected here may be used to auto-generate appropriate feeds and speeds, and when using a Nomad will result in the spindle feed being set automatically. On a Shapeoko, it will be necessary to determine an appropriate dial setting to match the feed rate, or to adjust the feed rate to match the possible dial settings of the installed trim router|
|Machine --- which Carbide 3D machine the job is set up for --- this will influence Stock Size and the feeds and speeds set by your Material selection. Esp. note Retract Height --- this should be set as low as is practicable for your machine, stock and workholding --- leaving it at the default will result in greatly increased cut times.|
|Units --- these may be switched back and forth as needed|
|Document Background --- brings up the pane which sets the grid, and allows setting of a background image for reference/tracing/re-drawing as shown in Carbide Create Photo Tracing|
|Clear Drawing --- (more detailed instructions for this at Carbide Create Basics)|
The settings for these may be either set automatically (check the checkbox "Set speeds automatically") in which case the values will be determined by the material selected in Job Setup (and recalculated whenever this is changed, useful for prototyping or work which uses a variety of materials), or manually, using a chip load calculator or chart.
- import background image for tracing --- see: https://community.carbide3d.com/t/background-image-scaling-carbide-create/17059 for scaling
- export to G-code required Carbide Motion which must be connected to a machine. http://carbide3d.com/carbidemotion/userguide/#load --- this is no longer the case for CC, but does apply to MeshCAM with a C3D license.
- You can close a toolpath in CC (after the fact) by using the line or curve tool to connect two end points. Then highlight and use the join feature.
File type overview
The following files are handled or made by Carbide Create:
- pixel images (PNG, BMP, JPG) --- these can be placed on the background for reference / redrawing
- vector images (SVG) --- SVG files may be opened or imported to use as geometry to create toolpaths
- CAD files (DXF) --- DXF files, like SVGs may be opened or imported to use as geometry to create toolpaths
- c2d --- this is Carbide Create's native file format --- .c2d files may be re-opened and edited. Unfortunately it doesn't warn about an unsaved file, the only indication is Save and Save As being red in the menu bar, so it's all-too easy to lose a drawing
- .nc --- G-Code --- Carbide Create can export to G-Code which may then be sent to the machine by Carbide Motion to cut out a part. Unfortunately it's easy to overwrite a .c2d file with a .nc file, esp. on operating systems which are set to conceal file extensions
- Array does not work
- it may help to use the OVERKILL command to eliminate any overlapping or intersecting paths before exporting from AUTOCAD
- if lines have different elevations, use FLATTEN 
- PLINES are intrinsically joined, and should be used where appropriate 
- AutoCAD 2000 DXF format (model geometry only, base model scaling) export from the desired face (not isometric view)
- 2004 Lines
For DraftSight: CHANGE > all > Properties > elevation > 0. This sets the elevation of all elements to zero (makes Z equal to zero).
Further discussion at: https://www.reddit.com/r/cad/comments/77x98n/whats_the_best_way_in_autocad_to_make_line/
Textures in Autodesk Fusion 360 seem not to work.
Fixing DFX Files
It is also possible to fix a DXF by opening it in a program which parses it correctly, then saving out in SVG format which has a stricter definition, and fewer ambiguities on import.
One technique for this is:
- open in LibreCAD
- export as MakerCAM SVG
- adjust as needed in Inkscape or some other vector editor
- save out as SVG from Inkscape
Export options for OnShape: https://community.carbide3d.com/t/carbide-create-importing-only-some-dxf-files/13261/3
Note that text is not supported, so type will need to be converted to paths (Path | Object to Path in Inkscape) --- save the original and re-save the version with text converted to paths under a different filename since it will be difficult to edit.
View in outline mode (View | Display Mode | Outline in Inkscape) to see what Carbide Create will import --- only path geometry drawn with narrow black lines will be imported.
- ensure that all possible paths are closed --- for open paths, expand the strokes so that a fill of a closed path represents the desired appearance
- no overlapping or intersecting geometry (if possible --- overlapping geometry is often discarded)
- no pixel images
- some files will work more reliably when winding direction is correct (outermost path is counterclockwise, next is clockwise and alternate as needed)
- complex structures can interfere with import --- ungroup down to just paths, joining them all into a composite path will help with the above--- in particular, clones, object references, and arrays are not supported
- some programs don't provide a size, specifying 100% for dimensions --- please edit them to specify dimensions (SVG is just XML) or open in Inkscape and resave
Importing from Serif Affinity Designer: https://community.carbide3d.com/t/imported-svg-not-lining-up-with-work-area/25177/2
If exporting from Adobe Illustrator uncheck the Responsive option: https://community.carbide3d.com/t/illustrator-svg-and-carbide-create-uncheck-responsive/29057
Advanced V carving: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHFiaUhQLqc
- Generating square grids and curved surfaces: http://community.carbide3d.com/t/cutter-pack-giveaway/6240/11 --- includes notes on the file format of .c2d files (JSON).
- unofficial converter from .c2d to .svg (doesn't handle curves): https://www.facebook.com/groups/unofficialshapeoko/324663387941627/ (requires membership in the unofficial Shapeoko Facebook group) --- note that cutrocket.com will generate an SVG as a preview when a .c2d file is uploaded, and exporting to SVG has been added as a feature in the CC400 series: https://carbide3d.com/blog/2019/carbide-create-400/
- Unit conversion utility: https://community.carbide3d.com/t/inch-mm-gadget/7248/3
https://cutrocket.com/ has especial support for .c2d files (including converting them to .svgs for previewing?)
(Note that more recent versions of Carbide Create can import SVGs/DXFs into a document using Library | Import.)
- https://github.com/ClayJarCom/MergeC2D 
- Windows:MergeC2D.zip  Windows utility: https://github.com/ClayJarCom/MergeC2D/tree/Windows
Splitting (G-Code) files
Utility for splitting G-Code files for Advanced V carving allowing their use without a BitSetter:
Converting STLs to Pixel Images
- Limited support for open-ended paths (they can only be used for follow path operations). This can be worked around by expanding the paths in question to represent the desired geometry. In Inkscape the command for this would be: Path | Stroke to Path (Note that this command works on paths, not groups --- if your open-ended paths are part of a group you will need to either ungroup them, or sub-select only the path)
- no support for auto-closing of a path when drawing it --- clicking "Done" will create an open path --- in order to close a path, one must click on the beginning point a second time (using the "Snap to Grid" feature will facilitate this).
These are normally only smooth, and the two off-curve points associated with a given on-curve point must be the same distance, and in-line with the on-curve point. Go into node edit mode to change this.
Splines in DXF files are broken up into 100 line segments. Discussion: http://www.shapeoko.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8584&p=66149#p66149 (see below for a work-around)
- CC assumes left-hand fill rule and wants properly closed composite paths with no over-lapping geometry. One work-around is to open in Inkscape, save as SVG, open the SVG in MakerCAM, re-save as SVG, then import into Carbide Create.
- view in Outline mode before exporting --- what you see there is what Carbide Create will import --- it may be necessary to duplicate the file and outline strokes, expand paths, instantiate special effects, &c. Also convert all type to paths.
- open paths in some instances exhibit unusual behaviours --- may be best to expand the stroke so that they come in as closed paths
- note that the system needs a bit of working room for things done with a round bit, and won't be able to reach into sharp/tight corners with a round bit --- inset or offset a path by half the endmill diameter, then set the stroke for it to the endmill diameter get a quick/dirty preview of how the path will be cut with a round endmill
- V-carving doesn't have this limitation, but unfortunately, will be limited by the cutting width of the V-bit in a single pass --- ensure that any feature which you wish to V-carve is no wider than the widest which your V-bit will cut
- Affinity Designer files require editing to have physical size, not 100%. Or, export w/ 96 ppi setting.
- Importing from OpenSCAD: http://forum.openscad.org/OpenSCAD-dimensions-with-importing-to-Carbon-Create-td21810.html
Instead of allowing copying and pasting, control c (command c on Mac OS X) duplicates a selection at an offset.
To take advantage of this: create one part, then set the toolpaths for that part. Then duplicate the part and arrange as desired, then for each toolpath operation, double-click the existing path and hold shift to select the same features on the remainder of the parts.
Fonts are imported from those available to a program running with the permissions which it has. TrueType and OpenType are known to work. Probably any outline platform independent font will. Platform-specific fonts such as Mac OS X .fontsuitcase files seem to not work.
Font list and feature access is limited to that which QT affords, no rich typography, no ligatures, no family-based sorting of fonts. Fonts may be oddly alphabetized due to how they are named internally.
Note that fonts must be installed so as to be accessible to all users to be usable in Carbide Create.
A carbidecreate/fonts folder in the preferences folder has been added --- fonts placed there will appear at the top of the Font list without needing to be installed in the OS.
Driver updates sometimes needed to run.
Unable to import SVG files with artboard areas larger than some unknown limit.
Requires / enforces Postscript path winding (left-hand fill rule, outermost path is counter-clockwise, next path is clockwise, repeat).
Duplicated/overlapping geometry may be discarded.
On multiple monitor setups screen scaling may make it impossible to click on buttons.
Chamfering --- Use a V-bit and manual paths https://community.carbide3d.com/t/chamfer-perimeter/12219/11
Speeding up V carves --- off/inset geometry slightly: https://community.carbide3d.com/t/feed-and-speed-for-v-carving-hdpe/23385/8
Use Autohotkey to allow zooming in/out using the keyboard: https://www.facebook.com/notes/shapeoko-and-nomad-users-group-unofficial/using-a-laptop-keyboard-to-zoom-inout-in-carbide-create-without-the-use-of-a-mou/362787600795872/
608 - (FIX) Older files didn't load correctly.
- (FIX) Group icon not updated after group/ungroup command is executed. - (FIX) Radius for circles in saved SVG files was wrong. - (FIX) Layer locking was broken. - (FIX) Last v-carve tool wasn't properly saved.
- (FIX) Text for "Convert to Paths" should be "Convert to Curves". - (FIX) Save default radius for rectangles. - (FIX) Added Shapeoko 4/Pro to job setup. - (FIX) More curve simplification for imported fonts that are converted to curves. - (FIX) Rectangles rotated a multiple of 90 degrees were wrong. - (FIX) Grouping didn't mark file as needing to be saved. - (FIX) It was possible to delete text while the command to create it was still running. - (FIX) More consistent application of height/width/radius/num sides parameters on left pane. - (FIX) Incorrect zero if document size is set below minimum.
- (FIX) Made boolean undo selection state more consistent. - (FIX) Made text command selection state more consistent. - (FIX) "Maximum radius" was incorrect in rectangle command. - (FIX) Wasn't possible to exit Curve or Polyline command without placing at least one point. - (FIX) Changed inconsistent dialog text for circle/polygon/curve commands. - (FIX) Wrong node type when some fonts were converted to curves.
- (FIX) Loading old CC files didn't correctly apply bold/italic to fonts. - (FIX) Tweak fit-to-window code. - (NEW) Option to convert text from older CC file into paths when loading.
- (FIX) Toolpath visuals not always erased when a new file is loaded.
602 - (FIX) Mirroring a rectangle rotated it slightly. - (FIX) Incorrect vector merging for overlapping objects when offsetting.
- (FIX) Panning was moving the rulers. - (FIX) Only first vector used from text objects for toolpaths. - (FIX) VCarve tool path loaded last profile/pocket tool, not vee. - (FIX) Node type could be wrong for polyline and curve tools. - (FIX) Disabled toolpaths not hidden in 2D view. - (FIX) Grid spacing could have become incorrect when alternating between inch and mm files. - (FIX) Fit to View did not account for ruler width. - (FIX) Window title not updated when a file was loaded. - (FIX) Selection broken on some objects after transforming them. - (FIX) Boolean command left reference item behind. - (FIX) Reference item was the first item clicked, not last. - (FIX) Better default font. - (FIX) Better handling of control handles for rectangles with curved corners. - (FIX) Load additional fonts from data directory.
- (NEW) Changed to Qt font system for better integration with the operating system and the user interface. (Potential for old file to load with the wrong font, although we've tried our best to make it load correctly) - (NEW) Bold/italic is a separate choice now, although some fonts won't support it - (NEW) Baseline snaps for text - (NEW) Spacing option for text - (NEW) Convert text to path option - (NEW) Font preview list box - (NEW) Rulers - (NEW) Everything undoable is now redoable. - (NEW) Boolean union now ignores vectors that do not cross other vectors. Mathematically, this is wrong but it seems to be what users want. - (FIX) Removed extra node at end of some imported SVG paths.
530 - (FIX) Crash in text tool.
529 - (FIX) Internal cleanup. - (FIX) Bad Engrave toolpath with XY zero anywhere but southwest corner. - (FIX) Engrave didn't respect "Cancel" during simulation. - (FIX) Engrave progress bar didn't update.
528 - (FIX) Plunge gouge in pocket when zero is at bottom of stock.
527 - (NEW) Added new Engrave toolpath to Carbide Create Pro - (FIX) Potential crash on new file with tool paths calculating. - (FIX) Advanced VCarve Toolpath output is now reduced to a more reasonable tolerance. - (FIX) Render locked layers beneath non-locked layers. - (FIX) Rare crash in Model Import command. - (FIX) Additional output digit in all post processors.
526 - (FIX) Extra spindle command
525 - (NEW) Fewer pocket retracts. BE VERY CAREFUL AND SIMULATE YOUR TOOLAPTHS. - (NEW) Rapid retract from pockets before repositioning. - (NEW) More aggressive plunging for pocket operations. - (NEW) Drag and drop layer reordering enabled. - (FIX) Quality of drill location markers. - (FIX) RPM for drilling was wrong in gcode file.
524 - (NEW) Added first pass of drilling toolpath. - (FIX) Copied elements were not put on active layer. - (FIX) If elements are copied to a new layer, no offset is applied. - (FIX) New color picker for layers. - (FIX) New layers get new default color.
523 - (NEW) Added Select Circles command: Edit->Select...->Select Circles - (NEW) Added Select Open Vectors command: Edit->Select...->Select Open Vectors
522 - (FIX) Layer icons missing on Windows build. - (FIX) Logic for show/hide layer had a few errors.
521 - (NEW) Added layers for drawings. ("L" hotkey or Edit->Show Layers) - (FIX) "Delete" key no longer deletes drawing elements in toolpath mode. - (FIX) "Delete" key no longer deletes drawing elements in node edit mode. - (FIX) Removed "Beta" label from Trace command.
520 - (NEW) Trace settings persist through multiple runs of the command. - (NEW) Better corner cleanup for tracing. - (NEW) Trace image fits to view when window is shown.
519 - (NEW) Added first-pass at a tracing command.
518 - (NEW) Added first pass at Trace Image command. Don't expect much yet.
517 - (FIX) Fix licenses not being remembered on restart.
516 - (FIX) Made license entry more tolerant of bad email formatting.
515 - (FIX) Updated code for "Send to Carbide Motion". Tested with CM 526. - (FIX) Save As ensures correct extension for Carbide Create designs. - (FIX) Save gcode ensures a correct extension for gcode.
514 - (FIX) Step down shown for 3D Finishing toolpaths. - (FIX) Speeds/feeds not always updated after editing. - (NEW) Change buttons to tabs to set mode. - (NEW) Group boxes around toolpath buttons. - (NEW) Change status bar text font and size.
513 - (FIX) Roughing and finishing toolpaths hidden if Pro mode is not enabled. - (FIX) Rounding on Scale command handled better. - (NEW) Reset view after Job Setup command. - (NEW) Advanced VCarve saves max depth as default. - (NEW) Last gcode folder saved separately. - (NEW) Last image import folder saved separately.
512 - (FIX) Toolpath edit pane and bad tab order.
511 - (NEW) Background image folder is saved now. - (FIX) Top row of toolpath buttons were spread out. - (FIX) Bad tab order on Background Setup pane. - (FIX) Bad tab order on Job Setup pane. - (FIX) Import SVG/DXF doesn't save folder location. - (FIX) Units handled wrong in Job Setup command.
510 - (NEW) Carbide Create for Windows is now 64-bit. - (FIX) Icons updated for Grid and Background commands. - (FIX) Toolpath button text could be clipped. - (FIX) Vectors revert to old position when hitting "Done" in move/rotate/scale.
509 - (FIX) Inconsistent default names for contour and 3d finish toolpaths. - (FIX) Inconsistent order and button width for Ok/Cancel and Apply/Done. - (NEW) Join command, when applied to a single vector, fill force it closed. - (NEW) Tool tips when hovering over a toolpath now shows name and tool used.
508 - (NEW) Changed the way the toolpath list is updated. Should be smoother with updates and changes now. - (NEW) Left pane will expand more now if the sizer is moved. - (NEW) Focus shifted back to drawing, if visible, after each command. - (FIX) Font height is now persistent within a Carbide Create session. - (FIX) Font selection is now persistent across Carbide Create sessions. - (FIX) Edit Toolpath tab order wrong.
507 - (FIX) Some toolpaths don't update if a contour is deleted. - (FIX) Update design buttons after group/ungroup. - (FIX) Update 2D view automatically after group/ungroup. - (NEW) Double qlick text object brings up text command for editing. - (NEW) Fit to window on restart.
506 - (FIX) Toolpath strike through didn't change when toolpath is enabled/disabled. - (FIX) Design/Model/Toolpath buttons grabbed focus. - (FIX) Model command buttons were grabbing focus. - (FIX) Toolpath buttons were grabbing focus. - (FIX) Progress for advanced vcarve not granular enough. - (FIX) When loading a files with tabs, the tabs become visible in the design view. - (FIX) Program zero could be incorrectly updated when running Job Setup. - (FIX) Angle is reset after hitting "Apply" in Rotate Command. - (NEW) Values in Job Setup command used as defaults for creating new documents. - (NEW) More checking for out-of-memory conditions during toolpath simulation. - (NEW) Initial empty document created using the New File command for consistency. - (NEW) Prior rectangle corner radius is now persistent and used to create future rectangles.
505 - (FIX) Crash in a specific undo combination with modelling. - (FIX) Bad join in "triangle test". - (FIX) It was possible to create a toolpath with the start depth below the max depth. - (FIX) Start depth and max depth were not validated properly. - (FIX) Default document settings based on previous file, not the last time the Job Setup command was run. - (FIX) Fit to View did not update size of program zero and labels correctly. - (FIX) Command buttons no longer get tab focus. - (FIX) Parameter tab order in Design Pane was wrong.
504 - (NEW) Better toolpath linking and ordering for Texture toolpath. - (FIX) Texture toolpath progress not reliably reported.
503 - (FIX) Undo ends node editing even if the command is still valid. - (FIX) Some rectangle fillets ended up with three nodes.
502 - (FIX) Scaling-by-dragging no longer blows up selected item if the drag causes the item to flip. - (FIX) Texture toolpaths not always finishing calculation. - (FIX) Some node handles incorrectly shown when editing a rectangle. - (FIX) Align command disabled when only one vector was selected. - (FIX) Radius parameter enabled when editing rectangle with square corners.
501 - (FIX) Toolpath hovering in left pane works again. - (FIX) Double error when changing Num Sides/Width/Height/Radius values. - (FIX) Problem with Pocket Toolpaths not outputting gcode. - (FIX) Some toolpaths showing "Calculating 100%" but no machine time. - (FIX) Better handling of memory allocation errors when calculating simulation. - (FIX) In design pane, edit box is hidden if all commands in it are hidden.
500 - (NEW) All new code for user interface. Features should be similar to prior build but look different. - (NEW) To edit text, select it and then click on the Text command. - (NEW) Background image and grid setup are now under separate commands. - (NEW) FILE FORMAT CHANGE - Older files should load into build 500 and later without problems but prior versions will not load toolpaths from build 500 or newer.
475 - (FIX) Comments filtered to remove some non-gcode characters from gcode.
474 - (FIX) Mode tabs on left were disappearing when window was rescaled. - (NEW) Moved Circle command to native code as a test.
473 - (NEW) Contour select for toolpaths respects grouping - (NEW) Rubber band selection change - select down and only items contained in the rectangle will be selected (if grouped, any single item will select entire group). Select up and anything intersecting the rectangle will be selected. - (NEW) In node edit mode, an "empty click" will unselect all all nodes but not clear the selected objects. If no nodes are selected then the objects are unselected. - (NEW) "N" key toggles node edit mode if one or more objects that support it are selected. - (NEW) "F" key resets view to cover the job (design + stock). CTRL-F resets view to stock only. - (NEW) SVG/DXF import command now remembers last directory used. (Separate from normal file open/save directory) - (NEW) After SVG/DXF import, view is reset to show full job. - (NEW) Text tool ensures that new text will be dropped into current view. - (NEW) Less polyline simplification/reduction for imported DXF files. - (NEW) Tool numbers can now be up to 999999. - (NEW) Internal checking and error messages if an OpenGL error is detected. - (NEW) View->Reset View now resets the 3D view as well. - (NEW) View->Fit to Window. - (NEW) View->Use High Resolution Simulation. The "Checked" value keeps the quality at the same level we've been using. "Unchecked" reduces the triangle count for system with constrained GPU's or GPU memory. (It's also much faster) - (FIX) Bug where selection state not properly set when importing an SVG file. - (FIX) Selection will not be cleared if shift is held and the cursor is clicked on nothing. - (FIX) Potential selection optimization for complicated designs. - (FIX) Multiple curve nodes can be selected with rubber band. - (FIX) When polylines are created with the curve tool, nodes now properly set as "sharp". - (FIX) Math for importing splines in DXF files was changed. Seems more correct but we'll see in practice. - (FIX) Open vectors in DXF files were forced closed. - (FIX) Better DXF ellipse handling. - (FIX) Implemented Extrusion Direction handling for arcs in DXF. Other element types probably need this too but until we have a file that fails for testing, we'll leave them as is. - (INTERNAL) Changes to main window layout mechanics to get ready to remove the abomination that is QML - (INTERNAL) Reworked some of the OpenGL code for simulation and 3D model rendering
472 - (FIX) Crash on offset Times Bold font on OSX.
471 - (FIX) Rectangles with zero height/width now show the box to edit height/width value.
470 - (NEW) Project size is no longer limited to machine size. Maximum dimension must be < 8 feet. - (FIX) Bug in alignment command when a single group is selected. - (FIX) Problem with wrong rectangle width/height being remembered after undo. - (FIX) If shown, the simulation is hidden when trying to edit tabs.
469 - (NEW) If a recent file is clicked on, but no longer exists, it's removed from the list. - (NEW) PRO: 3D Roughing toolpaths now treat nested contours as islands instead of combining all of them together. - (NEW) 3D toolpaths no longer recalculate while parameters are being edited. - (FIX) Contour toolpaths didn't simulate properly. - (FIX) Ball cutters now simulate properly again. - (FIX) Potential for 3D roughing to lockup if a large Stock to Leave value cause there to not be a toolpath created.
468 - (NEW) Show Depth per Pass option for VCarve toolpaths.
467 - (NEW) PRO: Relief height at cursor shown in status bar. - (NEW) PRO: 3D View of relief now renders sections above the stock in a reddish color.
466 - (FIX) Gouge in 3D Roughing toolpath - (NEW) More multithreading for 3D Roughing toolpaths - (NEW) Cursor position shown in status bar
465 - (FIX) A couple of cases where crash could occur if items are selected in a particular order - (NEW) Added "Include Ambient Area" option for loading images in Carbide Create Pro - (NEW) New version link now in Help->About, not lower left-hand of window
464 - (FIX) Remove G53 from Basic-GCode and GRBL posts
463 - (FIX) Tweaking Advanced VCarve Window - (FIX) Alignment command lockup
462 - (FIX) Error in Basic-GCode post processor - (FIX) Tabs now removed from document when parent tool path is deleted - (NEW) Changing parameters for tool paths now marks document as needing to be saved.
461 - (FIX) Undo retract height bug fixed - (FIX) Crash on simulation when memory is low - (FIX) Progress bar problem with 3D roughing - (NEW) Added ability to end Pro trial on startup
460 - (FIX) Metric documents now respected by advanced vcarve dialog
459 - (FIX) Better handling of vectors that are just on the edge of being too deep in Advanced vcarve - (FIX) Error in GRBL post processor
458 - (FIX) Advanced vcarve progress bar jumped backward during simulation - (FIX) Pocket tool in advanced vcarve could have been skipped in output - (NEW) Save last tool used to disk
457 - (NEW) Advanced vcarve now respects Depth per Pass for vcarve itself - (NEW) Updated warning in prior versions when opening files from 457 or later - (NEW) Pocket clearance is optional in vcarve
456 - (FIX) Bug in VCarve rapid moves - (FIX) No progress bar when building tool path simulation
455 - (NEW) Flat-bottom VCarving added
454 - (FIX) Crash when offsetting open polylines with multiple points in a row in the same location
453 - (FIX) Fixed post processor output units
452 - (NEW) New post processor system. Be sure to pick GRBL as the post processor if you have a Shapeoko without homing.
451 - (FIX) New tool library might be marked as "read-only"
450 - (NEW) Added hard/soft wood speeds and feeds
449 - (FIX) Added another digit of precision for scaling, etc. - (FIX) Fixed end-of-program crash on OSX - (INTERNAL) Changes to toolpath pane to eliminate runtime errors with new Qt
448 - (NEW) Updated speeds/feeds data - (NEW) Disabled dark mode on OSX again because it's inconsistently applied to our app.
447 - (NEW) Update to Qt 5.12 framework to fix OS X 10.15 crash when opening library - (NEW) Allow dark mode in OS X - (NEW) Update Window build to Visual Studio 2017 - (NEW) Installer now includes VS2017 redistributable
446 - (FIX) Default to 2d speeds and feeds if 3D are missing
445 - (FIX) Edit tool tab order
444 - (FIX) Material type under Job Setup not properly saved.
443 - (FIX) Include icons in tool database to show that a library is "Read Only" or "User"
442 - (FIX) Bug where newly created library will not appear in the database until restarting program
441 - (FIX) Change tool library filter when new library is created - (FIX) Fixed reappearing tool libraries
440 - (NEW) Added fisrt pass at Carbide 3D tool database libraries - (NEW) Changed update URL - (FIX) Changed when window size is saved - (FIX) Hide stepover and step down for V Carve toolpaths
439 - INTERNAL USE ONLY - (NEW) Added Edit->Show Tool Database - (NEW) Removed "Automatic Settings" checkbox for speeds/feeds
438 - INTERNAL USE ONLY - (NEW) Added Duplicate Library and Delete Library
437 - INTERNAL USE ONLY - (NEW) Change to Included Angle for CSV tool data - (NEW) Tool filter is persistent, not pulled from job - (NEW) Default roughing and pocketing stepover is now 50%
436 - INTERNAL USE ONLY - (NEW) Preselect current machine and material when picking tool
435 - INTERNAL USE ONLY - (NEW) More tool database work - (NEW) Tool database skips files starting with "!" and "~" - (NEW) Changed default tool logic - (FIX) Empty tool CSV rows ignored
434 - INTERNAL USE ONLY - (NEW) New tool database with speed and feeds built-in - (NEW) Material list now comes from built in libraries
433 - (FIX) Minimum RPM for speed/feed calculation - (FIX) Round RPM values - (FIX) Tweak feed/speed data
432 - (FIX) Fixed Windows 7 problem
431 - (FIX) Modified simulation resolution
430 - (FIX) Texture toolpath time estimates - (FIX) Modified simulation resolution
429 - (NEW) Optimized internals to make dragging many many objects more efficient. - (FIX) More aggressively try to close SVG paths on open.
428 - (NEW) Progress notification for vcarving. - (NEW) Multiple vcarve regions are now calculated in parallel. - (FIX) Time estimate for disabled toolpaths show correctly. (Arjan) - (FIX) More consistent progress updates for toolpath calculations.
427 - (NEW) Updated SVG parser to newer version. SVG import scale might have changed for some files. We now assume a 96 DPI scale.
426 - (NEW) Load SVG as native curve paths, not polylines
425 - (FIX) Changed some vcarve internal to better handle bad input geometry. (mjmike69688)
424 - (NEW) Changed the way polylines are created to make sure they're editable in the same way as a curve - (NEW) Added midpoint snapping for all curve-based objects - (FIX) Cleaned up edge cases for how lines/curves are closed when the start and end are dragged onto eachother - (FIX) Made it easier to create closed curves/lines if they don't start on a grid snap - (FIX) Changed how older files are loaded to better import curves and polygons with correct node types
423 - (NEW) Added warning when loading files created by newer versions of CC. - (NEW) Hold ALT while dragging node handle to break node handle to create a cusp. - (FIX) Fixed close polyline bug. (mjmike69688)
422 - (FIX) Crashing DXF file. (Andy G.) - (FIX) Copy vectors bug, the optimizations in 421 got us. (Andy G.) - (FIX) Changed edit menu slightly.
421 - (NEW) Node edit and Handle edit are merged. - (NEW) Selected curve now rendered thicker. - (NEW) Cursor change when hovering on curve node. - (NEW) No more unselecting other nodes when shift is held down and the background is clicked (toggle mode). - (NEW) In node edit mode, "S" key will toggle smooth/sharp for all selected nodes. - (NEW) In node edit mode, "D" key will delete all selected nodes. - (NEW) More optimizations on internal curve calculations. - (FIX) Rare crash opening files with curves. - (FIX) Fixup a few files where curves loaded without editable end-nodes. (John S.)
420 - (FIX) No longer try to optimize simulation triangle count. If you like it or your video card bursts into flames you have one man to blame. (Ben M.) - (FIX) Increased maximum simulation resolution.
419 - (FIX) (PRO) Fixed a crash when loading some saved pro files (Arjan) - (FIX) Typo (Ben M.)
418 - (FIX) (PRO) Clear relief model when loading SVG and DXF. (mjmike69688) - (FIX) Background image now locked, no more accidental movements. (mjmike69688)
417 - (NEW) Added Recent Files menu - (FIX) Added optimization for small circles and vcarving. (Tyler C) - (FIX) Couple of small tweaks to make dragging large object more efficient. - (FIX) Removed double "Do want to save file" double confirmation when loading a new file. - (FIX) Added delete on backspace key on OSX.
416 - (NEW) (PRO) Added license code - visit https://carbide3d.com/carbidecrete/pro to learn more about trial activation - (FIX) (PRO) Fixed potential memory allocation problem importing very large images (Arjan) - (FIX) (PRO) Imported images are now scaled to maximum model size (Arjan) - (FIX) (PRO) Fixed texture command (mjmike69688) - (FIX) (PRO) Textures scaled to 2000 pixel width/height if too large. - (FIX) (PRO) Added Depth per Pass for 3D Roughing - (FIX) (PRO) Fixed depth ordering for 3D Roughing- keep your hand by the "STOP" button when running this code. (Nathaniel K) - (FIX) Minimum grid spacing is .1mm - (FIX) Minimum document size is 25mm x 25mm, minimum thickness is .1mm - (FIX) #102 and #101 flute length now .5" - (FIX) Removed splash screen - (FIX) Toolpaths hidden when disabled
415 - (NEW) (PRO) Added 3D Roughing. - (NEW) Added timeout on this build. Won't function after 10/1/2019. - (NEW) Added guard to keep CC Pro files from being loaded into a standard version. - (FIX) Fixed problem loading toolpaths other than contour/pocket. - (FIX) Better toolpath linking for engraving. (Wild Horizon) - (INTERNAL) Changed architecture for toolpath code in 3D finishing.
414 - (NEW) Import PNG as a component - (NEW) Move component by double-clicking it in the component list - (NEW) After selecting a drawing element you need to click again to drag. You can no longer select and drag in one click. - (NEW) Select multiple elements by left clicking and holding the Shift key on both Windows and OSX. (Used to be CTRL on Windows and Apple on OSX) - (FIX) Alignment commands icons are scaled down to fit better (macklebee) - (FIX) Fixed shift-cursor nudge on OSX - (FIX) Changed transform rect to be bolder and more clear - (FIX) Flipped 3D view mouse direction (Stuart)
413 - (FIX) Alignment command ends if elements are unselected (mjmike69688)
412 - (FIX) Clear relief if old pre-404 file is loaded (Ben M.)
411 - (FIX) Background image removed on new file - (FIX) Save window position on program exit. (Ben M.)
410 - (FIX) Older 316 file with text are now sized properly (mjmike69688) - (FIX) 2D view reset on new file or file loaded
409 - (FIX) Model textures aren't flipped anymore (mjmike69688) - (FIX) Zero location is consistently set on new file (mjmike69688) - (FIX) Crash when cancelling texture command before picking an image (mjmike69688) - (FIX) Composite model rebuilds on document size change
408 - (FIX) Better linking for multiple pockets (Ben M.)
407 - (NEW) Updated toolpath calculation to move more into a background thread to cut down on program pauses - (NEW) Toolpath simulation begins with more triangles by default - (FIX) Clear 3d model when creating new document (Ben M.) - (FIX) Removed random #0 tools - (FIX) Changed alignment button to image button - (FIX) Think the "flipping document" problem is fixed - (FIX) Tab units now match document, not only MM
406 - (FIX) 3D Finish toolpath hidden without Pro enabled
405 - (FIX) Model shape defaults to "Flat" now to speed up command start - (FIX) Angle model type fixed
404 - (NEW) Added basic PRO code. THE FILE FORMAT FOR THE MODELING PART OF THE PROGRAM MAY CHANGE. DON'T PUT TOO MUCH TIME INTO A FILE! - (NEW) Added application font directory. Help->About->Open Data Directory. It's the "fonts" directory under "Carbide Create" - (NEW) Cutting depth now defaults to the last cutting depth entered or the thickness of the stock, whichever is less - (NEW) Added build and license information to About window - (NEW) Added "Cursor Nudging" in 2D fiew. If you select an pbject you can move it by the grid dimension by hitting gursor keys. Hold down Shift to move it by a tenth of the grid dimension. - (NEW) Added latest DXF parser. Please report files that fail to load. - (FIX) CTRL-A / Select All better optimized for large files - (FIX) Alignment tools now work with a single object selected. - (FIX) New version notification works more reliably now. - (FIX) Better CTRL-Z undo handling in 2D window - (FIX) Changed vcarve linking to finish each area of the toolpath before jumping to the next area. - (FIX) Change to simulation rendering. Should add more detail.
403 - (NEW) Added machine time estimation for toolpaths - (FIX) Stepover value was not properly shown when editing toolpaths
402 - (NEW) Green top bar now permanently gone - (NEW) Vee cutter angle shown in tool list - (NEW) .c2d associated with application
401 - (NEW) Added traditional menu bar, green top bar in drawing view is now optional - (NEW) Added SVG export. Currently exports at 96DPI. (Ben Meyers) - (NEW) Grid units for metric and inch docs are now separate settings (Thanks Richard) - (NEW) Added "New File" option to menu and removed "Clear" from job setup window - (NEW) Retract height is saved like a normal setting now. Warning if retract height is zero. (This is Richard too) - (NEW) Reduced the rendered tolerance of the toolpath stoke (the shaded part) to speed up recalculation. - (NEW) Curve nodes and zero marker scale on hi-dpi displays - (NEW) Added all of the new Carbide 3D tools - (FIX) Rectangle curves are properly marked as "closed" - (FIX) Fixed a few cases where settings were saved to the wrong place - (FIX) Duplicated text was not properly sized in 400 - (FIX) Duplicated rectanges and polygons turned into normal paths when duplicated
400 - (NEW) Change in file format. Most files should be loaded and converted transparently - (NEW) Curves now support smooth/sharp nodes - (NEW) Transform command now support draggable box - (NEW) Text can be scaled in only one direction - (NEW) Increased simulation resolution - (NEW) Warning on unsaved file when exiting - (NEW) Optimizations for large file loading and selecting - (NEW) Added "Open Data Directory" button in About window - (NEW) Settings now saved into the data directory on both OSX and Windows - (FIX) Fixed simulation stock position problem - (FIX) Deleting items now marks document as needing save - (FIX) Better loading of short, open polylines from SVG - (FIX) Disable Dark Mode on OSX until we can upgrade to newer framework that supports it
- 415 https://community.carbide3d.com/t/carbide-create-pro-what-do-you-want-to-see/14904/256
- (NEW) (PRO) Added 3D Roughing.
- (NEW) Added timeout on this build. Won’t function after 10/1/2019.
- (NEW) Added guard to keep CC Pro files from being loaded into a standard version.
- (FIX) Fixed problem loading toolpaths other than contour/pocket.
- (FIX) Better toolpath linking for engraving. (Wild Horizon)
- (INTERNAL) Changed architecture for toolpath code in 3D finishing.
- 414 https://community.carbide3d.com/t/carbide-create-pro-what-do-you-want-to-see/14904/226
- (NEW) Import PNG as a component
- (NEW) Move component by double-clicking it in the component list
- (NEW) After selecting a drawing element you need to click again to drag. You can no longer select and drag in one click.
- (NEW) Select multiple elements by left clicking and holding the Shift key on both Windows and OSX. (Used to be CTRL on Windows and Apple on OSX)
- (FIX) Alignment commands icons are scaled down to fit better (macklebee)
- (FIX) Fixed shift-cursor nudge on OSX
- (FIX) Changed transform rect to be bolder and more clear
- (FIX) Flipped 3D view mouse direction (Stuart)
- 413 https://carbide3d.com/blog/2019/carbide-create-413-released/
- (FIX) Alignment command ends if elements are unselected (mjmike69688)
- CC's toolpath library is a black screen. Update to the latest 10.14.
- (FIX) Alignment command ends if elements are unselected (mjmike69688)
- (FIX) Clear relief if old pre-404 file is loaded (Ben M.)
- (FIX) Background image removed on new file
- (FIX) Save window position on program exit. (Ben M.)
- (FIX) Older 316 file with text are now sized properly (mjmike69688)
- (FIX) 2D view reset on new file or file loaded
- (FIX) Model textures aren't flipped anymore (mjmike69688)
- (FIX) Zero location is consistently set on new file (mjmike69688)
- (FIX) Crash when cancelling texture command before picking an image (mjmike69688)
- (FIX) Composite model rebuilds on document size change
- (FIX) Better linking for multiple pockets (Ben M.)
- (NEW) Updated toolpath calculation to move more into a background thread to cut down on program pauses
- (NEW) Toolpath simulation begins with more triangles by default
- (FIX) Clear 3d model when creating new document (Ben M.)
- (FIX) Removed random #0 tools
- (FIX) Changed alignment button to image button
- (FIX) Think the "flipping document" problem is fixed
- (FIX) Tab units now match document, not only MM
- (FIX) 3D Finish toolpath hidden without Pro enabled
- (FIX) Model shape defaults to "Flat" now to speed up command start
- (FIX) Angle model type fixed
- (NEW) Added basic PRO code. THE FILE FORMAT FOR THE MODELING PART OF THE PROGRAM MAY CHANGE. DON'T PUT TOO MUCH TIME INTO A FILE!
- (NEW) Added application font directory. Help->About->Open Data Directory. It's the "fonts" directory under "Carbide Create"
- (NEW) Cutting depth now defaults to the last cutting depth entered or the thickness of the stock, whichever is less
- (NEW) Added build and license information to About window
- (NEW) Added "Cursor Nudging" in 2D fiew. If you select an pbject you can move it by the grid dimension by hitting gursor keys. Hold down Shift to move it by a tenth of the grid dimension.
- (NEW) Added latest DXF parser. Please report files that fail to load.
- (FIX) CTRL-A / Select All better optimized for large files
- (FIX) Alignment tools now work with a single object selected.
- (FIX) New version notification works more reliably now.
- (FIX) Better CTRL-Z undo handling in 2D window
- (FIX) Changed vcarve linking to finish each area of the toolpath before jumping to the next area.
- (FIX) Change to simulation rendering. Should add more detail.
- (NEW) Added machine time estimation for toolpaths
- (FIX) Stepover value was not properly shown when editing toolpaths
- SVG export
- (NEW) Green top bar now permanently gone
- (NEW) Vee cutter angle shown in tool list
- .c2d file association
- (NEW) Added traditional menu bar, green top bar in drawing view is now optional
- (NEW) Added SVG export. Currently exports at 96DPI. (Ben Meyers)
- (NEW) Grid units for metric and inch docs are now separate settings (Thanks Richard)
- (NEW) Added "New File" option to menu and removed "Clear" from job setup window
- (NEW) Retract height is saved like a normal setting now. Warning if retract height is zero. (This is Richard too)
- (NEW) Reduced the rendered tolerance of the toolpath stoke (the shaded part) to speed up recalculation.
- (NEW) Curve nodes and zero marker scale on hi-dpi displays
- (NEW) Added all of the new Carbide 3D tools
- (FIX) Rectangle curves are properly marked as "closed"
- (FIX) Fixed a few cases where settings were saved to the wrong place
- (FIX) Duplicated text was not properly sized in 400
- (FIX) Duplicated rectanges and polygons turned into normal paths when duplicated
- Build 400 --- available at: https://carbide3d.com/carbidecreate/unstable/ formal announcement: https://carbide3d.com/blog/2019/carbide-create-400/
- improved font handling
- warns on unsaved file before closing application
- new file format
- curves can now have sharp nodes
- draggable box for transforms
- text has font height parameter
- text can be distorted
- increased simulation resolution, fixed stock size
- file optimizations, including loading of open polylines
- Open Data Directory button
- dark mode in OS X disabled
- grouping of toolpaths --- note the previous versions of CC will not be able to access toolpaths from 316 files
- new icon
- Drag-drop ordering of toolpaths
- Toolpaths appear in 3D preview
- (FIX) Overlapping vectors in V Carving now work
- (FIX) Self-intersecting vectors in V Carving now work
- (FIX) First attempt at support for Hi-DPI on Windows
- http://carbide3d.com/blog/2017/carbide-create-307/ --- Last folder used is now saved.
- (NEW) Added tabs supports for contour toolpaths
- (NEW) Toolpath parameters now update immediately
- (NEW) Import DXF and SVG files into an existing design.
- (NEW) Hitting “enter” in a text box will now apply the new value in most cases.
- Better zoom/pan behavior with the scroll wheel.
- You can pan only by holding down the right mouse button and dragging. Note that you cannot begin a pan if the mouse cursor is on top of any item.
- 300 http://carbide3d.com/blog/2017/big-carbide-create-update-its-now-free/
- Vector offsets
- Added Help link to header
- Removed gcode encryption
- Support for open vectors in contour toolpaths
- Object grouping
- “Starting Depth” option for contour and pocket toolpaths
- Corner options for rectangles (fillet, inverted fillet, dogbone and tee)
- http://community.carbide3d.com/t/carbide-create-beta-285-files-incomplete-on-cc-beta-286/1920/5 --- incl. mention of Python program to fix. http://www.shapeoko.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8096
- 4GB RAM
- Screen Display: 1280 x 1024
- Windows 8, 8.1, or 10, 64-Bit (Intel or AMD)
- OS X 10.14 or higher
Running on Linux
Install PlayOnLinux on Ubuntu machine via Ubuntu software (this automatically installs WINE) Download CarbideCreate (Windows version) Start PlayOnLinux Follow on screen prompts and point to CarbideCreate and select 32 bit After Installation - run and use Carbide Create as if it were on a windows machine
Instructions for running in Linux: http://www.shapeoko.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6896&p=59164#p59164
Please see: Carbide Motion Machine Control Software --- please note that in some cases the USB suggestions there may also apply to Carbide Create.
- reboot and check for updates
- Create a new account as a system administrator and try installing and running the application in that new account
Deleting preferences may help:
Mac OS X:
- Go to ~/Library/Preferences (may be necessary to use the Option key on your keyboard, and click the Go menu at the top of the screen, which will make Library an option)
- Delete com.carbide3d.... .plist files and Carbide 3D folder
Windows: C:\Users\<SHORTUSERNAME>\AppData\Local\Carbide 3D\Carbide Create
In Windows, right-clicking on the application icon and setting it to run maximized has solved some problems.
Carbide Create doesn't always get screen scaling correct in Windows --- to adjust your settings for screen scaling / High DPI --- navigate to the application's file: "C:\Program Files (x86)\CarbideCreate\carbidecreate.exe" and right-click on the icon and choose "Properties" and go to the "Compatibility" tab, check the box for "Override high DPI scaling behavior." and change the drop-down under "Scaling performed by". "System" is known to work on some machines.
select the option from the compatibility menu of the app, which states "Disable full screen optimizations"
For more recent versions try: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads --- note that it may be necessary to install both x86 and 64-bit versions.
For computers with multiple graphics cards it may help to force using one or the other only.