Talk:Inventables Electronics Batch 2
(edit bom at top of page) (pictures for instructions located on flickr photostream.)
Unpack electronics layout and identify
- stepper cable (3)
- 12 position screw down terminal
- Red Jumper wire
- Acrylic Stand (translucent red, your color may vary)
- Power Supply
- Power supply pigtail
- stepper motors (3)
- minifit 6 pin adaptor.
Tools needed (screwdriver)
Start by stripping the ends off all the wires?
Dry Run: Electronics
- Attach arduino to computer, does green light turn on?
- Test for general functionality
- open gcode sender
- select appropriate com port
- Click open
- send '$' command
- does the unit return your current settings?
- If Yes, continue to step 2
- if no, click here (arduino grbl troubleshooting section)
- Attach grblShield to arduino
- align pins
- press together
- Attach Motors to grblshield
- black, green, red, blue (from left to right)
- repeat for X,Y,Z (make certain all 3 axis have a motor connected before applying power to the shield. Otherwise, damage to your drivers may occur)
- Attach Power to grblshield
- strip back pigtail adapter 8"-10"
- attach pigtail adapter's gnd (black) to grblshield (note polarity on connector: GND is left from front view)
- strip wire leads on included red wire
- attach one end of stripped cable to estop (red side)
- attach other end of stripped cable to grblshield (note polarity on connector: VMOT is on right from front view)
- Attach power supply VMOT (red) to estop (again, use the red side)
- Double check your connections
- is everything connected?
- do the colors match the wiki page?
- attach pigtail adapter to power supply end
- Plug the power adapter into the power supply
- Plug mains cable into socket
- Does the blue light come on?
- Continue to Mechanical Assembly