Difference between revisions of "Assembly step 3"
(Add notes about removing burr in holes.)
m (Updated to match bag label)
|Line 43:||Line 43:|
Revision as of 12:18, 22 November 2012
Y-Axis Idle Mount Plate
Y-Axis Idle Plate Assembly:
- Take note of the top hole orientation.
- Looking from the inside of the plate (view shown) the cross mount holes (circled) need to be in the top right of the plate.
- If you assemble these backwards you'll have to disassemble the plate and flip the wheels around.
- It's not the end of the world, but it's tedious and frustrating if you make that mistake.
- Make sure the smaller end of the eccentric nut (the tapered end) goes into the hole in the plate. If you install the nut backwards you won't be able to adjust the spacing of the V-Wheels.
- If the steel plate has been painted, the tapered end of the eccentric nut may be very difficult to fit into the hole. Remove the paint from the inside of the hole with a drill bit, with the threads of a screw or any other appropriate tool.
- The thick sidewall of the eccentric nut should face the other V-wheel, in this way the distance between both wheels is largest, which will help the later assembly onto the Makerslide rail.
- To avoid later confusion, the thicker side of the eccentric nut can be marked, e.g. with a pen.
Bill of Materials
|2||4||SM-H04||M5 Hex Nut|
|4||4||SM-H08||M5 x 30mm SHCS|
|6||12||SM-H03||M5 Flat Washer|
|13||4||MSK01-05A||V Wheel Assembly|
User Submitted Notes
The kits sent by Inventables have the end plates painted. You'll need to sand/strip/grind down the paint to get the eccentric nuts (MSK01-04) to fit nicely into the hole. The nuts wont correctly perform their function if the tapered end does not fit nicely into the hole.
I just used a vice to squeeze them in.
For the top two wheels you can substitute M5 x 22mm screws if you have them.
I have a later Inventables kit with unpainted plates. In each hole of the four holes, there is a burr that prevents the bolt or eccentric nut from fitting in the hole. I used a round file to remove the burr.
(This is the section to add your own notes pertaining to this sub-assembly) If you run into a problem or find yourself asking a question, please post the solution here to help the next person who has the same problem/question)
Inventables build images