Assembly step 3
Y-Axis Idle Mount Plate
Y-Axis Idle Plate Assembly:
- Take note of the top hole orientation.
- Looking from the inside of the plate (view shown) the cross mount holes (circled) need to be in the top right of the plate.
- If you assemble these backwards you'll have to disassemble the plate and flip the wheels around.
- It's not the end of the world, but it's tedious and frustrating if you make that mistake.
- Make sure the smaller end of the eccentric nut (the tapered end) goes into the hole in the plate. If you install the nut backwards you won't be able to adjust the spacing of the V-Wheels.
Bill of Materials
|2||4||SM-H04||M5 Hex Nut|
|4||4||SM-H08||M5 x 30mm SHCS|
|6||12||SM-H03||M5 Flat Washer|
|13||4||MSK01-05A||V Wheel Assembly|
User Submitted Notes
The kits sent by Inventables have the end plates painted. You'll need to sand/strip/grind down the paint to get the eccentric nuts (MSK01-04) to fit nicely into the hole. The nuts wont correctly perform their function if the tapered end does not fit nicely into the hole.
I just used a vice to squeeze them in.
(This is the section to add your own notes pertaining to this sub-assembly) If you run into a problem or find yourself asking a question, please post the solution here to help the next person who has the same problem/question)
Instructables build images