Assembly step 4
Y-Axis Motor Mount Plate
(This is the other side of the gantry. Pay attention to the hole orientation at the top of the plate.)
Before tightening your motor onto the plate, please watch this video.
Take note of a couple of things:
- These holes need to be on the left (opposite of the previous sub-assembly). The image shows the correct orientation.
- Each Bolt that goes through the plate gets a washer on BOTH sides.
- The smooth idlers get a total of 4 washers per bolt.
- One on the backside of the plate
- One on the front side of the plate
- One on the end of the 1/4" spacer
- One between the idler and the nut that keeps it all together.
- The image above is WRONG. For the lower V wheels with the eccentric nut, it shows, starting from the back: Bolt, washer, eccentric nut, plate, V-wheel, washer, washer, then nut. If you click on the PDF you see the correct method: Bolt, washer, eccentric nut, plate, WASHER, V-wheel, WASHER, nut.
Bill of Materials
|1||1||MSK01-09||18 Tooth Timing Pulley|
|3||6||SM-H04||M5 Hex Nut|
|4||2||SM-H01||1/4" Nylon Spacer|
|6||6||SM-H08||M5 x 30mm SHCS|
|9||20||SM-H03||M5 Flat Washer|
|10||4||SM-H14||M3 x 8mm SHCS|
|11||4||SM-H15||M3 Flat Washer|
|12||1||SM-E01||Nema17 Stepper Motor|
|13||4||MSK01-05A||V Wheel Assembly|
|16||2||MSK01-06A||Smooth Idler Assembly|
User Submitted Notes
(This is the section to add your own notes pertaining to this sub-assembly) If you run into a problem or find yourself asking a question, please post the solution here to help the next person who has the same problem/question)
The blue line on top of the motor should be between the motor and the plate.