Assembly step 5
X-Axis Motor Mount Plate
Before tightening the nema17 motor onto the plate, please watch this video.
This is more of a pre-assembly than a fully contained sub-assembly. You're going to assemble this as shown in the drawing.
Make note of a couple of things:
- The hole orientation at the top of the plate doesn't matter. I have mine to the left, but they can be to the right (as shown).
- The bottom set of bolts are the long M5 bolts (55mm)
- When you tighten the motor into place, do so in an X pattern. You want the face of the motor to be equally pressing against the plate.
- Don't tighten down the v-wheel bolts. Just loosely thread on the nuts to keep everything together.
- When you are done with the assembly, set it aside, you'll be bolting this to the next assembly build.
Bill of Materials
|1||6||SM-H04||M5 Hex Nut|
|2||2||SM-H01||1/4" Nylon Spacer|
|4||2||SM-H08||M5 x 30mm SHCS|
|6||2||MSK01-06A||Smooth Idler Assembly|
|7||1||MSK01-09||18 Tooth Timing Pulley|
|9||1||SM-E01||Nema17 Stepper Motor|
|10||28||SM-H03||M5 Flat Washer|
|11||4||SM-H14||M3 x 8mm SHCS|
|12||4||SM-H15||M3 Flat Washer|
|13||4||SM-H09||M5 x 55mm SHCS|
|14||4||SM-H02||3/4" Nylon Spacer|
User Submitted Notes
(This is the section to add your own notes pertaining to this sub-assembly) If you run into a problem or find yourself asking a question, please post the solution here to help the next person who has the same problem/question)
Instructables build images
(It should be noted that the pictures below have the base plate mirrored as compared to the "official" building plans)