Calibration and Squaring the Machine
Revision as of 10:49, 18 April 2013 by Winder
There has been quite a bit of forum discussion on calibration, as well as the posting of some useful G-Code. Notable information thus far:
- Hello World --- the prototypical Hello World file has proven useful for diagnosing Y-axis issues, since the curved forms begin and end at the left-most extrema, so that any racking of the gantry, or backlash along theY-Axis will manifest as visible mis-alignment. Forum discussion in Testing and calibration &c.
- Prototype Calibration Pattern (with G-Code)
- Calibration ruler - a simplistic hand-coded Imperial ruler which may be of use to evaluate Y-axis accuracy
- Accuracy ? Let's try to measure it
- Ran the Circle Diamond Square test - The circle diamond square test is a traditional machinist tool to evaluate a machine's accuracy
- Visual alignment modification - Advanced calibration for PCB routing.