Difference between revisions of "RT0701"
|Line 89:||Line 89:|
Latest revision as of 19:09, 26 April 2021
Adapters are also available which will allow one to use a 65mm diameter router in a 69mm diameter mount. Aluminum tubing of a suitable size works well, Imperial is a bit thin, but metric with 2mm wall diameter works well.
- https://shop.carbide3d.com/products/carbide-compact-router --- https://carbide3d.com/blog/2019/the-carbide-compact-router/ --- includes feedback speed control.
- https://shop.carbide3d.com/products/precision-collets --- these have been confirmed as fitting in the Makita and presumably the other clones.
- https://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/smarthtml/pages/rocky30_router.html  --- cord shorter than Makita. lacks closed-loop speed control.
- http://www.grizzly.com/products/Laminate-Trim-Router-with-Plunge-Base/T27139 
- http://menards.com/main/tools-hardware/power-tools-accessories/routers-accessories/performax-reg-1-1-4-hp-compact-router/p-1444448122659-c-10087.htm  
- Harbor Freight Bauer 1/4 in. 6.5 Amp Variable Speed Compact Router
- https://www.amazon.co.uk/Katsu-Wood-Trimmer-Router-110V/dp/B00LVVJB7A 
Brushless battery-operated variant available, and has been connected to a wired power supply: http://community.carbide3d.com/t/brushless-makita-mod/10658
- 1/4" is standard in U.S. and most locales, some locales may have 6 or 8mm (or both?)
- Note that a custom 1/8" collet is not available from the manufacturer, but see
- Elaire Corporation Makita Style Router Collets
- https://www.endmill.com.au/collets-for-makita-rt0700/ (Australia) 
- Previously, there was: 1/8" collet (adapter)s which fit with some filing Astro Pneumatic Tool Co 200-283 Slot 1/4-1/8-Inch Collet Reducer
- 3/8" option: https://www.makitatools.com/products/details/763619-3  https://www.toolmarts.com/makita-763619-3-3-8-collet-for-3608b  --- supposed to be available from Elaire Corp. as well as other sizes
- 700 Watts
- 10,000 -- 30,000 r.p.m.
- 120v AC
- 1.4kg (3 lbs.) (cord increases this to 1.5 kg?)
The Makita RT0700C/0701C(X) - seems to be similar in kind to the DWP611. Same sort of aluminium housing and speed control, but without the two LEDs underneath. The 0701 is slightly newer and is intended for the North American market. The 0700 is still available as a 220V model for Europe and other localities which use that voltage. Another difference for the two models seems to be the screw layout for the base(s), w/ the newer 0701 having a standard Porter Cable layout.
The Carbide Compact Router is much the same and the specifications of the RT0701 were broken out in: https://community.carbide3d.com/t/carbide-compact-router-max-power-max-torque-and-torque-curve/23458
Variable speed, the actual no load speeds of one unit were measured as:
1: 9470 2: 12280 3: 16870 4: 22175 5: 27035 6: 29800
Notes on speed control: http://www.shapeoko.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8344&p=65112#p65112
Discussion of relative merits: Re: spindle choice
Diameter: 65 mm Files:
- CAD files for mount
- Re: Makita RT0701C Mounting Bracket with Dust Boot
- Makita RT0701C Mounting Bracket
- Aluminum spindle mounts for Makita RT0701c --- includes extra threaded holes for attaching accessories such as a pen.
- DXF files for Makita rc0701c projects and enclosure
- Mount for a Makita RT0701 --- includes design process for a mount which includes a dust shoe (.svg source).
- aluminum mounts
- 3D-printed Dust Shoe for the Makita RT0700C Router
- An open source CNC Dust Shoe --- 3D printed
- Makita RT0701C dust shoe with integrated camera port
- Makita Compact Router mount. --- elegant 3D printed mount intended to mate w/ the universal spindle mount and move the router out for more vertical travel
- Shapeoko3_dustshoe.svg photo
- http://www.manmademayhem.com/?p=2325 
- https://www.norwegiancreations.com/2014/08/an-open-source-cnc-dust-shoe/ --- 3D printed
Requires a shim if using the stock SO3 69mm diameter mount. 2mm noted as being too thick.
Installing tools: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOFUHPcKklE
Collet wrench/nut sizes
Tracing of Makita RT0701/0700 collet wrenches: https://community.carbide3d.com/t/importing-a-file-or-a-backgound-image/27166
13mm (should be low profile)
6003-2RS double seal bearings. They are ABEC 3 bearings. Sold and made by XIKE