MLange is located outside Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, and is currently ordering electronics and eagerly awaiting the Inventables Mechanical Kit.
Ordering parts in Canada
The best prices for ordering parts in Canada are mostly found by ordering from US suppliers and dealing with the tax and duty incurred from importing into Canada.
- 3x Pololu A4988 Stepper Driver, $13.35 CDN each from RobotShop.ca
- 3x Soyo 2.8V, 1.68A, 61oz-in NEMA17 Stepper Motors, $18.56 CDN each, from RobotShop.ca or 3x 58oz-in Stepper Motors, $16.88 CDN each from Sparkfun.com (US)
- 1x 24VDC 4.5A Power Supply, $13 US from AllElectronics.com (US) (See also their 24VDC 4.2A Power Supply)
- 1x 8-Piece Heat Sink Kit (Maybe?) from DealExtreme.com (China) (Or these)
- 1x Arduino/clone (have)
- 1x Tap and Die Set (have)
- 1x 1.2A Rotary Tool for spindle, $19.99 CDN from Princess Auto (Canada)
Upgrades Planned (in no particular order)
- Emergency Stop Button
- 1x PowerSwitch Tail II (I have the original PowerSwitch Tail)
- 1x Red Pushbutton Switch (In the parts bins here somewhere, really)
- Limit Switches
- 4x Levered Microswitches (for X/Y)
- User Interface (for use without attached computer)
- Arduino Enclosure
- Acrylic(?) box with fan and filter for venting
- Touch sensors under the acrylic to allow for UI use without letting shavings/particulate/etc in?