Got tired of seeing my name in red in the recent changes....
I'm a graphic designer who purchased a (used) ShapeOko w/ the intention of automating some woodworking projects and extending my capabilities, esp. hoping to build my own custom brass hardware (and tools) so as to not be limited to what's available for purchase commercially.
I'm an admin on the wiki here, so glad to help out w/ any edits or other issues.
Shapeoko #364-R (rebuilt) w/ ¼″ drive shaft --- this was implemented using:
- 1/4" pulley
- 1/4" aluminum rod
- 1/4" flanged bearing
- HDPE bearing plate (the central hole on the plate has since been enlarged using a tapered reamer to 13/16"
- 5mm--1/4" coupler
- 4 7/32" 1.5" roll pins (used as motor stand-offs)
- 4 M3 screws 50mm long
- an assortment of washers
Since implemented double MakerSlide X-Axis, Acme Screw Z-axis and 1m Y upgrades, but machine is not in a usable state since...
Currently working on moving all belts to the outside and inverting them.
Plan is to:
- drill new holes to rotate X and Y motors 45 degrees
- drill new holes in X gantry plate for second pair of bolts
- drill new holes in X gantry plate to invert belt
- use 10 1" spacers for carriage--gantry plate
- enlarge motor shaft hole in Y motor plate to accommodate moving pulley to outside
- use 1/4" music wire and 1 1/4" steel bar for Y-axis belt anchors
- use drawer guides for X-axis belt anchors
- cut 3/16" tubing for motor mount spacers